RU7A 2016 - Resumen y...La Aventura Continúa.
Inscríbete en http://www.rutasiete.ulpgc.es/inscripcion Acércate a la aventura vivida la pasada edición a través del vídeo resumen del viaje transformador Ruta Siete 2016. Y tú, ¿quieres ser parte de la experiencia este verano por Las Islas Canarias en #RU7A2017? Esta es tu oportunidad.Posted by Ruta Siete ULPGC on Tuesday, February 7, 2017
- Do you want to be the main character of a story yet to be written?
- Do you want to help create a unique Collaborative Hostel?
- Do you want an incredible experience?
- Do you want to meet interesting people?
- Do you want to jump off the pitch?
- Do you want to live amongst the beauty of the Pacific Ocean?
- Do you want to be part of a fearless tribe?
- Do you want to make a real difference?
We want to explore and evaluate the following challenges:
- Reinvent the idea of being a guest
- Create a fresh, new form of accommodation where travelers share a set of interests, values, and intentions.
- Develop a new take on the old ways of traveling. Something imagined only by a millennial generation that values things like an open mind, collaboration, social networking, and more.
- Inspire and empower travelers to be active participants in the world around them.
- Redefine the way people can choose to travel
- Share, learn and teach in a Global / Local environment
We are, Carlos and Juan, two brothers from Spain. We come from a big family and thanks to the interests and values of our parents we were lucky to have an active childhood. One that was full of outdoor activities amongst rivers, lakes, mountains and oceans.
The Canary Islands have been our home for the last 15 years and after so many unforgettable experiences there we feel these islands have become very special to us. Our professional and personal lives have been lively and we have each been involved in many different roles. Between us, separately, we have had quite an interesting mix of experiences, travelling and working abroad in Canada, Australia, Peru, South Africa… Working as adventure travel guides, sport’s instructors (snowboarding, windsurfing, skiing), managing projects promoting social responsibility and cooperation, collaborating with NGOs, media projects and teaching.
Our academic background is in Sports Science, Sustainable Tourism, coaching and facilitation, however we believe that in life you never stop learning. “Knowledge is the only value that increases when it’s shared” and being surrounded by curious and passionate people is the best way to be happy and to keep moving forward. So this is why we have started Calalas and we would love to count on you joining us on this adventure
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.
On the Road – Jack Kerouac
A great experience guaranteed!
Our time developing the successful Collaborative Adventure program: Ruta Siete ULPGC has been a great experience in so many ways. More than 70,000 followers in facebook, more than 5,000 applicants along the 6 editions,and 270 proud participants have been protagonist of this program since 2011. In this video you can watch the Highlights of the 2016 edition.
We know what we are doing and we love it. That is one of the main reasons why it feels like the right thing to do to keep developing the Collaborative Scene with Calalas Collaborative Hostel.
2020 Season Price
- We are going to open the first Collaborative Hostel. A new form of accommodation where travelers share a set of interests, values, personal growth opportunities therefore experiences.
2019 Collaborative Camps
- Take advantage of our 50% off to the 2020 rates. Come and test with us the unique experience of the first Collaborative Hostel, community, nature and creation. All in one place to share quality time with other people.
In-house Volunteer Program
- Apply and become an integral part of the Calalas tribe. It enables the members of the program to cover a substantial part of their costs through exchange work while still enjoying the Collaborative Camps Experience.
We are in a rural area of Nicaragua, 300 meters away from the sea, close by to the Indigenous Community of Las Salinas de Nahualapa and the village of El Limón Dos.
The accommodation in Calalas is Glamping style in 3-Bed Dorm Tents. Beds are individual size with deluxe air mattress. The dorm tents are located on raised platforms under a shade.
Guests also have available private backpack-sized lockers.
The center building of Calalas is a traditional two-storey Nicaraguan Rancho with an artisan palm roof. Shared Bathrooms and showers. Our facilities are rustic, functional and clean.
Be a part of this exciting, new project. Become a founding member, an insider. Enjoy the 2018 Offer and reap the benefits of being part of the founding crew.